Wednesday 27 March 2013

Thank you Craft Central Gets Hitched 2013

 Last week was the start of Craft Central's Gets Hitched handmade wedding fair 2013 & my first opportunity to showcase my new collection of 'Bespoke handcrafted paper cut works' at my first ever fair, and a beautiful wedding fair at that!

Despite the rather miserable weather, (snow in late march!) the whole experience was such a positive & inspiring one for me.
As a VERY nervous person and having not done a fair before AND showcasing a brand new and unseen collection of works, I was indeed very nervous. However, after settling in, putting some calming flowers on my display and meeting the really lovely ladies in the gallery space, I was filled with joy.

It was such an honor to be in such a wonderful space within the new gallery of Craft Central, I had a large window display too, but also to be in there with a collection of such talented & lovely designer-makers.

It was really great to meet customers, photographers, bloggers, wedding planners and excited brides & grooms to be, and to get general feedback on my new products, which were all really encouraging & positive. So I can happily crack on & keep pushing my new works with a bit of confidence!

For me, it was wonderful to experience the show, work out how to set it all up, display my work and the whole process of a fair. I wasn't expecting to sell anything, but I did! Quite a few greetings cards, which is always nice & some paper leaves garlands and NEW bespoke papercut wreaths!

It was a big rush to get my collection and works finished off for the show, so photographs and information will be up on my website and shop very very soon! However do contact me with any questions on products, commissions and orders.

There are also more photographs of the show on Craft Central's Blog HERE

Thank you Craft Central team for being lovely & supportive and Thank you to the lovely ladies in the gallery space & the lovely customers.




No comments: